Kompoz.com Launches "Open Music" Collaboration and Social Networking Site
Kompoz.com is a new Web 2.0 social networking site for creating multi-track songs online with other musicians around the world.
With Kompoz, you can collaborate with anyone to create and mix a new generation of independent music based on the open
standards of the "Creative Commons".
Miami, FL (PRWeb) Monday, March 12, 2007 -- Kompoz.com today announced the launch of its new website, ushering in a new era of open
collaborative music creation, mixing, and publication. Using Kompoz.com's global venue, social networking tools, and core set of
enabling technologies, musicians -- garage bands, independents, and professionals -- create, collaborate, and mix their music online.
"We've leveraged the Web as a platform for creating a worldwide virtual music studio,"
said Raf Fiol, founder of Kompoz.com. "It's a new approach to creating music, designed and
engineered by and for a global community. Got an idea for a song? Record a track, upload it,
then invite the community of musicians to add drums, bass, vocals or anything else.
We provide the workspace and technologies to connect you with others, and to
preview, mix, and publish your music."
Kompoz.com provides a framework for participation, characterized by open communication, democracy,
and the freedom to share and re-use. Collaborations are based on the Creative Commons licensing
models, promoting the sharing and re-use of the music created, while still retaining fundemental
attribution and other rights for the original artists.
Core Features Include:
- Individual project workspaces for each collaboration.
- Upload tracks directly to each project (hosted by Kompoz.com) without FTP or special software.
- All uploaded files are organized into mixer tracks and are versioned.
- Download a single file, an entire track, or an entire project with one-click for import into a multi-track recorder such as Pro-Tools.
- All uploaded files are automatically encoded for fast online streaming playback.
- Support for MP3, WAV, and WMA formats.
- Search for music projects by genre, artist, tags/keywords, license type, and more.
- Create and share online profiles with the global music community.
- Create friends lists, favorite project lists, and more.
For more information, please visit www.kompoz.com, or e-mail