Cm step hop_its got a lot of bounce Hard Bop

Started by Danamid, © All Rights Reserved 2020

Upload

Notes

By JD Farrugia
4 months ago

I'm happy to give this a go on trumpet. Have you got the notes?

Comments

Login to Comment
comment.user.userName

Danamid   commented 3mo+12dy ago

Hi JD-that sounds great if you are still up for it! The whole song is in C minor on the piano, so I'd say just freestyle in that key. C, Eb, F, F#, G, A, Bb are in the C minor blues scale. Some 7th and 9th notes also sound nice, so sometimes a C# and D can work in the right location. If I remember correctly, you will have to transpose these notes for the trumpet depending on what type you have since trumpets are in a different scale. https://www.musicprofessor.com/blogs/news/trumpet-transposition Let me know if you need any help!

comment.user.userName

JDFarrugia   commented 3mo+10dy ago

Hey Danna, That's great thanks. I was just listening to it again and I was wondering what sort of trumpet intervention you're looking for. Do you need someone to play the same melody as the piano or are you looking for a solo? For a solo, I think it might make more sense to create a spot in the recording where the piano is playing more of a backing role rather than the melody as it might be a bit busy. Not sure if I'm making sense here...

comment.user.userName

Danamid   commented 3mo+10dy ago

Hi JD, yeah, I had the idea we could swap off solos. It would take me a few days to record a version where their is a solo space. Would you like to try to play over it for now and see what you can come up with? I can adjust the sound when I go to engineer everything together and move the piano to the back. Or I may listen to it and find that it 100% needs to be re-recorded with both solos. Let me know what works best for you.

comment.user.userName

JDFarrugia   commented 3mo+10dy ago

I'll try give it a go as is in that case and see if I can get a vibe for it like that. It might be tricky since the piano is quite powerful but I'll use my imagination :) I'll try get back to you soon with some ideas