Drum Groove No. 21 Alternative

Started by Nikoli, © All Rights Reserved 2021

Upload

Bass

By Chris Matthews
24 days ago

Mario - two minds with but a single thought. Spooky, ain't it?

v4a just uploaded; I did it about 7 hours ago and was going to suggest it to you about now. I left the final "approach" high, for a bit of drama. And I also nudged your final note into a more "suspenseful" position - what do you think?

If I read your suggestion correctly, it's up to you if you want to re-record, or just send me a passage to drop in, or let the software take the strain.

Let me know,

C

Comments

Login to Comment
comment.user.userName PLUS

Nikoli   commented 24 days ago

Listened to both and well of course being a drummer could,nt really distinguish between the two that said I do like the colour of the higher notes in there but hey you guys are the experts. One thing I would like to change if poss is the abrupt snare note end, it doesn?t,t suit the song and should be the traditional bass drum cymbal crash finish.

BrokenBString   commented 24 days ago

I'll put a suitable ending on the ...er...end.

MarioLicataBassist   commented 24 days ago

Chris, You are a wizard! A studio wizard my friend! I am glad we are thinking alike on this one, as I always hear something wonderful coming from your creative corner, so perhaps us thinking alike is a sign that I am growing as a musician, which is always the goal! I love what you have done in those third sections, it is exactly what the part needed. Also, really diggin' the ending note, tons of suspense! Quick thought and it might be a bit much, but what do you think about adding a touch of chorus to the bass? Do you think it would add to the "dreamy" vibe we are after or kill the low end pillow we have created? Honestly, you have great ears and a knack for knowing what is right, so I am all in on what you think is best for this one. Listened to V4a five times so far and damn this is a great tune! Awesome stuff gentlemen!

BrokenBString   commented 24 days ago

So glad we're on the same page here. I like it when a plan come to fruition. Double-spooky about the chorus suggestion (you been at the Twins again?) - I just added a touch of chorus to the guitar melody (even though we may ditch it eventually; it's only a placeholder). Sounds better. I'll try some on the bass, maybe not all of it, maybe just the high phrases to make them "soar"?

MarioLicataBassist   commented 24 days ago

Chris, Haha! Yes - perhaps just on those high phrases so we get the best of both worlds. If it sounds like what I am hearing in my head it?s going to sound awesome!