Mix ??

By Xavier Van den Eynde
1mo+6dy ago

Can i try a mix on your track ?

Comments

Login to Comment
comment.user.userName

Steve777   commented 1mo+5dy ago

Sure. Do you need me to upload separate tracks of my mix? Do you need synch tones to match things up? Should we wait until I see what new contributions I get? Let me know. Thanks, Steve

comment.user.userName

XaaDRecord   commented 1mo+4dy ago

If u can make all of that it can be great, not sure i can make something better;but i like your track..

comment.user.userName

Steve777   commented 1mo+3dy ago

I archived separate tracks, but without synch tones. I think they have some drums. Is there a way to reopen those for you to check? What's the best way to include synch tones?

comment.user.userName

XaaDRecord   commented 1mo+3dy ago

Witch DAW do u use to make the first mix ?

comment.user.userName

Garageband

comment.user.userName

The vocal is archived separately. It has no synch track but is set to come in with rest of song as recorded. The organ has the drum intro at the start that I thought could be synch tone, but the drums continue past the start for a bit. The drums and rhythm guitar are archived as a mix and the drums play for the whole track. I figured that since I did all of the tracks when they were mixed they would synch just by starting them all at zero. I didn't upload the piano or BG Vox yet. If we only used my tracks would we need a synch track. Wouldn't they already match by starting them at 0? If this works it might make sense to reupload the drums, guitar and organ separately.

comment.user.userName

ok, if u work with garage band i can't use session file, perhaps good to export all track one by one, from zero yes ..

comment.user.userName

OK. How do I get them back from the archive? CLick on Action and select them? There's also a reset button that comes up on the right after hitting Archive...

comment.user.userName

I don't know garageband, but perhaps the best way is to mute all track but 1, export it from zero, and do that with all track ..

comment.user.userName

They're archived in Kompoz not G band.

comment.user.userName

I accepted all the archived tracks. Let me know if they'll work. I know the vocal is isolated at least.

comment.user.userName

There is just a track with drum and organ, a track with bass and one with voice, for a good job, i need all track separated, with no treatment ...

comment.user.userName

OK. I'll go back and reload. So zero effects/reverb? No pan as well (I did that for some BG Vox)? Not sure if GB mic had presets, but I'll try to omit them. I guess I'll put others back in the archive.

comment.user.userName

XaaDRecord   commented 1mo+2dy ago

yes the better is no effect, no pan...

comment.user.userName

Steve777   commented 27 days ago

I took my effects off, but it seems there are presets from G-Band Mic selections etc. They're clean from any of my tweaks.

comment.user.userName

Steve777   commented 25 days ago

Hi, I stripped everything as much as possible and re uploaded. My very unsophisticated mixing included adding reverb and bit of echo. I used a default called "large hall". Not sure if that over road other settings. I would put the treble up a tad, the bass up a bit less. Sometimes tweaked the compression. I also Panned some BG vocals a bit left and right trying to make it sounds more diffused. I doubled each BG vocal to make it sound like twice as many people. Anyway, see if you can work some magic and let me know if you need anything. (ps:Are these conversations confidential?) Thanks Steve

comment.user.userName

Steve777   commented 11 days ago

Hi, any success? The site is asking me to update my Musician's wanted post. Does it make sense to replace any of my tracks and should I put that on post? Or should we just work with what we have? Let me know. Thanks, Steve

comment.user.userName

Steve777   commented 30 days ago

Just have a few work things that are delaying me. Then I can follow up. Thanks.