Exquisite Corpse IV Alternative

Started by Redfish, © All Rights Reserved 2021

Upload

Howdy EC IV groupies

By Tony Gee
1mo+17dy ago

Hi All,

I have added those that have registered interest in joining the Exquisite Corpse IV collaboration. If I have added you by mistake, please just let me know, or remove yourself from the collab.

I will wait a little longer to see if anyone wishes to join .... otherwise we can make a start ...... shhhhhhhh .... secret.

Comments

Login to Comment
comment.user.userName PLUS

DocDaFunk   commented 1mo+17dy ago

Awesome I'm gonna have some time on Wednesday

minime   commented 1mo+17dy ago

Yeeaah ! Awesome - Numero IV ! Monday to Thursday is preferred but you can ask at any time and i will get back to you as fast as i can ! But not around midnight please ! At this time i get a bit nervous and must look for Monsters and such things !

comment.user.userName PREMIER

jjt   commented 1mo+17dy ago

Have you got big plans for the weekend or something?

ShannonB   commented 1mo+16dy ago

Are you STILL looking mini?! I told you I stopped doing that a long time ago! Hiding under your bed, I mean. I still look under my own....:)

jjt   commented 1mo+16dy ago

We had a big storm here last night, and one of the dogs (Magoo, the Chug in my profile pic) got scared and was scratching at the bedroom door. Not manic scratching, just like "PLEASE, may I come in?" So eventually, I let him in and he burrowed under the covers. I didn't get a very good sleep, but on the plus side it's good to know that there's a creature in this world that believes I can protect him from thunder.

WillaWay   commented 1mo+16dy ago

*Thor has entered the chat*

comment.user.userName PRO

Gemini   commented 1mo+17dy ago

I am only available on Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri days.....

DocDaFunk   commented 1mo+17dy ago

That's ok i deserved it i guess....

Gemini   commented 1mo+16dy ago

I wouldn't do that to you Doc. I am genuinely away from music on Wed and weekends. But I can make a fool of myself any day of the week :)

DocDaFunk   commented 1mo+16dy ago

I mess enuff with peoples on the site to get some taste back

minime   commented 1mo+16dy ago

Nah Nah Herr Doktor !!! Not fooling around ! i had like the idea that you give Tony an info about time that is free for you so that he can sort out when he starts with who and when and so i have do too ! Over the week i have mostly time ! Friday can be limited and on the weekend i have most often no time ! That s how it is for me in general but it can depend and in the future it will change for sure !

bassman78fr   commented 1mo+17dy ago

Given the high technical level of this composition, I hesitate. And then, the plateau of participants is of a high level. I have the stage fright... ;-D

Redfish   commented 1mo+17dy ago

no at all Philippe - you would be great ... come on ...... you know you want to

WillaWay   commented 1mo+17dy ago

Everyone's doing it, right Red? Come on, man. Just try it....... The advice of the day: Drugs are bad m'kay

anyone can join ..... all those that are on the project participants list have confirmed ... but anyone can be added if they want to join (Philippe I will add you ...... remove yourself if the stage fright is too great - it is nothing to be scared of I assure you thought)

Just think...I am going to have to play the bass on my little piece. How bad is that? :)

jjt   commented 1mo+17dy ago

So here's how it works, Philippe: Everybody pitches in their idea, based on... well, not a lot! You just run with it. And then at the end all of the pieces are assembled but no one (except Redfish) has any idea who's who. So the real challenge here is not judging people on their submissions, but in guessing who did what. Give it a try, it'll be fun!

peterrand   commented 1mo+17dy ago

I'm available every third Wednesday between breakfast and elevenses.

how about the electric parrot?

After croquet but before tiffin seems the optimum window of opportunity for a gentleman.

tiffin - I havent heard that word for ageeessss

Calderon   commented 1mo+17dy ago

I had to look it up.

What is the world coming to I ask you?

callow yoof

peterrand   commented 1mo+17dy ago

He does afternoons.

Also at five ? Who will Drink the Tea then ???

ShannonB   commented 1mo+17dy ago

I was born the wrong... Species? I should have been a hobbit.

I am not an expert and have no detailed details Shannon but i think " Elf " is kind of ok too !

Hey Tony - do you have a theme/concept for this round?

Doh, maybe I should have read the dashboard page before posting.

well .... people have suggested something haloween related .... but I will leave that up to you alll ....... but .... I am keen that people think of a creative wildcard instruction for the next player ...... just sayin'

Spooky it will be ! Best place to Compose your own part is under the bed or any other save place where they do not get you :-) Who ? This is a good question ! Lets find out :-) Mwha .........Mwha .........Ha Ha !

wildcard instructions can take any form ...... but basically to give the next person a challenge ... or to channel their creativity in a certain direction if they need some inspiration or ideas. So for example ........ (I had this one once) ....... your fragment has to contain some protest chanting or ........ play in the style of Ghengis Khan or ........ where are the holes? I think you get the idea

liljoe6string   commented 1mo+17dy ago

"your fragment has to contain some protest chanting" hahahhahha!!! My instruction was King Esiponky.. or something like that~~

Midipunk   commented 1mo+17dy ago

"Get your back up off the wall": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMYMK37vMA0

now thats jammin~~~ wish i was at that show!!

Did you say, "ponzi scheme?" Now that is scary!

Where are the holes ? ? ''? This is heavy from a philosophical point of view ! Protest Chanting is cool ! Against anything ? Or would we get details about something specific alike " Ice Cream " ? Is there a Country Music Wildcard ? or " Try to be a Stone " ?

I thought Country was forbidden on this Challenge? My prompt for the person following me will be "I got food on my plate" OH crap... now i can't use it.. damn... were not supposed to share details.. now im screwed.. hope Red doesn't ban me.. ))):

If it's only anonymous by sending red secret messages he's going to get really tired of us really quickly! :)

haha how can that be possible?

But Reds Headline was " Howdy EC IV groupies " ! This together with Halloween and Horror was for me together as message " It will be mostly Country and / or Western oriented musically :-)

I see a distant mushroom cloud forming over Oklahoma City

We must look in the same direction :-) Right a minute ago I had to watch out of the window and had see this too ! I hope it will not rain there !!!

https://youtu.be/aTe0MjAZvMU?t=50

The good Ole " Indian Love Call " ! Legendary !!!

MusicalHermit   commented 1mo+17dy ago

Awesome!

I don't want to jostle or anything, but do we already have a start date that I can enter in my calendar under important Tony ?

Redfish   commented 1mo+16dy ago

are you getting impatient Minime? .... tutt tutt ..... patience is a virtue you know Are you also like this when waiting for Xmas?

I am alike the kid on the backseat in the car on the way to Disney Land asking again and again " Are we there now ? " Plaster helps then i ask only " ehmmm hmmmm hmmm mmmmm uuuh ? " Wait in a few days when I start crying and stamp my feet wildly !

So you're going as a mummy AGAIN mini?!

Pssssssst ..................sad thing ..........we haver here in Germany not Halloween ! It happens but very very little compared to other countries ! We have St. Martins day ! The Kids walk outside with a lantern and go to the houses to sing something and then they get sweets ! It is an old tradition here and a cute event ! Happens on 11.11 and has in common with Halloween the sweets !

I believe Halloween falls on the 31st this year, if that helps.

Time keeps on ticking, ticking...into the future...... It also falls on a Sunday, which is cool because our Spanish church sponsors games and ccccccandy for the kids! Little Jimmy Neutron there for any of you old schoolers. :))) Come on! Somebody knows who Jimmy Neutron is!

no I dont know Jimmy ... but I want to ... does he have the Illudium Pew-36 explosive space modulator I've been looking for?

That'd be Marvin (the Martian, not the Paranoid Android).

gold star to JJ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu9gva2LZBw

I am quite familiar with the Neutron boy, little troublemaker that he is. A bit too smart for his own good, if you ask me.

But aren't we all? :)

Yes ! Here here !

Fair point.

We need to assemble the 'Illudium pew-36 explosive space modulator' ...... you know

Are we there now ?

Mysterian   commented 1mo+16dy ago

Damn. I just lent mine to a neighbour. Very little chance of getting that back in time. He still has my pot of random screws and the rawlplugs no one uses. You know. The blue ones with that little set of tiny pointy bits at the end. For fixing stuff to cheese, or cardboard.

Wow, never heard of those and had to look it up. It's a molly bolt? And what exactly does one affix to cheese? Although, I suppose, those would be very useful in building a lunar base because, well, you know.

Sorry man. Cheese strings. That's what you fix to cheese.

peterrand   commented 1mo+16dy ago

Rawlplugs.. that was what Lou Rawls' Agent got up to surely. That and chasing the Andrex sponsorship deal.

I've just re-read the whole thread and I'm none the wiser. As I recall, we get sent a PM with a theme and a snippet and then have exactly 42 seconds to make a fragment. I've decided this year that chanting is all I'm capable of. Or disco. Either one any good for you?

peterrand   commented 1mo+16dy ago

I've lived on the planet 64 years and I'm none the wiser.

Redfish   commented 1mo+15dy ago

Hi All - just to let you know I have not forgotten about you all ..... we should be getting some action underway soon ..... Cheers - Red

minime   commented 1mo+15dy ago

Cool ! Then ............We are there soon :-)))))) Thank you for the info Tony I'm getting slowly a bit wobbly here in the back seat of the car ;-)

please dont throw the candy wrappers on the floor Mini .....

and please dont throw the soda cans out of the car window

Octorez   commented 1mo+15dy ago

On standby, should be interesting.

so Kelley - what we do is take it in turns .. one person does a bit , then the next person (random order) get to hear the last few notes/seconds of the previous persons 'bit'. you try to join seemlessly on to the piece ... then ... the last part of your bit (last few seconds) is passed onto the next person. It is totally up to you what you do .... but has to try and join well to the previous persons. Because of the number of people involved we have limited each sound clip to around 30 seconds each (otherwise we would end up with a piece that is too long to be uploaded on Kompoz at the end). The fun of the reveal is to try and identify who did what - as well as revel in the frankenstinian creation itself

oh yes .. and the previous person, might give you a secret instruction for you to consider when you do your bit

Octorez   commented 1mo+15dy ago

roger that

Mysterian   commented 1mo+15dy ago

I?ve forgotten? is BPM a thing with this?

not necessarily ... but if bpm is important for the transitions .. then it will be part of the info sent to you .... you have total control over changing the bpm if you wish to

We are 18 EC Members now I have noticed ! Cool it is or better saying Very Cool it is !

yes ... if we each do a sound clip that lasts ca. 30 seconds ... we could have a 9 minute masterpiece

With 18 Changes in it ! Oooh and the riddle at the end ! 18 chances to be wrong - ok 17 - I could maybe find out what was my part on a good day :-))))

MusicalHermit   commented 1mo+15dy ago

Sweet!

Redfish   commented 1mo+14dy ago

OK ... we are now starting the EC4 game .... if you have time to have a go today/this evening ... please pm me .... Cheers T

WillaWay   commented 1mo+14dy ago

Nice! Looking forward to hearing everyone's work!

minime   commented 1mo+14dy ago

Yeppppieeeeeeee ! We are Rolling :-)

Redfish   commented 1mo+14dy ago

yes ... lets go!

jjt   commented 1mo+14dy ago

Awesome, can't wait! Ok, I suppose I can wait, compared to minime. He's like a wind-up toy that's about to be set loose on the floor.

liljoe6string   commented 1mo+14dy ago

AHAHAHAHAH!! wind-up mini > is spot on.. he produces like rabbits.

comment.user.userName

Chris1970   commented 1mo+14dy ago

Hahaha

DocDaFunk   commented 1mo+14dy ago

bwahahhhaa Mini is awesome!

MikiBella   commented 1mo+13dy ago

Hello there, Am I still on time? (next week). Cheers.

Redfish   commented 1mo+13dy ago

yes we can still add you Miki - welcome to the collab

minime   commented 1mo+13dy ago

18 ! Cool !!!

MikiBella   commented 1mo+13dy ago

Thank you :)

Breaking news ...... we currently are 1/3 the way through the new corpse .......... and ..... so far it is amazing .... just sayin' :P

correction....... now 7/18ths of the way through!

WillaWay   commented 1mo+13dy ago

Nice! The anticipation is unbearable:)

Midipunk   commented 1mo+13dy ago

Queue me up please.

liljoe6string   commented 1mo+13dy ago

for anyone not good at math ~ wanting a real feel for the progress made so far were 0.388888888889 the way thru. yur welcome

your keyboard is smokin Joey! quick get the extinguisher

HA!!!

softie   commented 1mo+13dy ago

i totally forgot about this tbh. glad it's going well. just a note: if possible i'd much rather do mine on saturday if it even goes that long. that's when i'll have access to my vocal studio recording stuff. otherwise i could always just do an instrumental though no biggie.

OK Softie ..... noted .... but you have already had a go .... you dont get two turns right?

I would like to do my next week or the week after next week ! Whenever it is good ! We are not in a race ! I am cool !

really??? yeah yeah ... we know you love xmas Mini ... reverse psychology and all that ....

Yesterday was thursday ! On that day we have here the tradition to be cool ! Friday we do the Shopping !

softie   commented 1mo+13dy ago

oh, i thought we were doing two turns a piece.

it was 3 then Red cut it to 1 )): but now i think the group voted for 1.5 each person gets a segment.. then two people at random are selected to create a segment together .5 each.. = 1.5 per participant..

thats a cool idea

i know aight!? i wsa tryin to be funny and hit a goldmine!!

well ,maybe we could do two turns each ...... hmmmm got me thinking now ......

the solution is right above you.. lolalahlahl

ok skip my previous suggestion... we cant have it get tooo insane.. it would mess with who did what guessing and make it toooo long.. right now it work great as is.. ps anytime your ready for me..

stop it Joey ..... you've already had a turn ... tutt tutt

Mysterian   commented 1mo+13dy ago

Man, what happens if I get the call and I haven't noticed the invite? Getting stressed now...

liljoe6string   commented 1mo+12dy ago

lololl! RED is super good at reaching out~~~

Wire-and-Wood   commented 1mo+13dy ago

I think 2 turns would be too much with this many contributors... better to do this more often than to make any one too cumbersome

Wire-and-Wood   commented 1mo+13dy ago

as always, I wanna hear this thing!

I agree with Mike on all 3 points ! And " Are we there now ??? " I would like to add also !!!

Redfish   commented 1mo+12dy ago

now 10/17-ths completed!

private message me if you feel like a turn and you havent yet .... but dont tell anyone

minime   commented 1mo+12dy ago

Wooohooo !!! I am excited - 58,824 % excited ! The last miles on the back seat of the car are the hardest says the little and looks outside the window to look if he can see Disney Land showing up somewhere !

yes you wont have long to wait now Mini - and there might be an extra special (unexpected) bonus surprise too - just sayin'

speaking of Disney ~~~

its a small world after all!

bwhwhahahahehahhalool! i know just where to place the warm stones

OK Joey ...... 'Let it go ...... '

((>>)) L L

I know you hate Frozen :P

liljoe6string   commented 1mo+11dy ago

you know it on the Hearth I once yelled, good morning Erik make me a cup of Kinderpunsch love.

Redfish   commented 1mo+10dy ago

EC 4 is now 14/18th's through the game

Octorez   commented 1mo+10dy ago

Would like you to start another one once you are finished and ready. Maybe if there is the same amount of interest, we could team up in small groups giving more time to each segment.

Redfish   commented 1mo+10dy ago

yes its a good idea ..... but I will be happy if someone else could organise that (I want to get back to some other projects soon) ..... Kelly?

Octorez   commented 1mo+10dy ago

Yeah, but it wouldn't be the same without Red's coordination. XD

liljoe6string   commented 1mo+9dy ago

Just a bit of homage to remind, the concept for such out of the box group projects was first envisioned by KOMPOZ artist Johnny Watermelon, his account was closed just prior to his passing. He was an amazing artist and someone who really inspired and helped me. The link below is worth a scan through of his audio genius. https://www.kompoz.com/music/search/collaborations?q=JohnnyWatermelon His group efforts were titled Music Box. Where Johnny would offer up a set bed for artists to contribute over. Some fantastic versions were created. I followed in his footsteps creating similar group efforts titled for example Centipede(segments linked together) Under group Water Melon Challenge. DWF followed witha few more Challenges. And now RedFish has brought it to a new zenith of fun level. Thank you RED for your incredible efforts and excellent work in pulling these off in amazing fashion. xox

minime   commented 1mo+9dy ago

I agree about Tony ( Red ) and I will add a big Thank you too ! It is very cool that he is here and has start ,organice this EC Event now the fourth time ! One of best kind of Challenges with allot of fun involved and a fantastic Group oriented Group experience ! I put my Hat up Sir Tony !!! But can I ask just one more time ? Are we there now ?

MusicalHermit   commented 1mo+9dy ago

I second that, major thanks to Tony! Always a fun experience, and always willing to bloody his hands sewing together a putrid corpse

Redfish   commented 1mo+9dy ago

its nearly ALIVVE!

lolol!!! ITS ALIVE!! agree funnest part is trying to figure out who the hell did what.. I will honestly say i suk at trying to decode the offerings.

We are doing pretty well ... everyone is being sooper dooper with their contributions. I think we should finish it middle of this week .... so ..... now we need to plan the REVEAL. It might be best on Saturday or Sunday, so that people in different time zones can see the 'live' reveal at a sensible time (if they chose to). Last time we did this around 7pm European time on a Sunday ... meaning that people in the US wont be at work and it will be the afternoon/morning in the US. How does that sound for the new reveal?

we shouldnt forget that, at the reveal, the first thing is to listen to, say hello and discover the monster we have made together. But ... then the fun continues ... a guessing game ......... who did which fragment? That could take a while but is great fun seeing peoples ideas and responses.

... and find out who it was that gave you that CRAZY instruction

jjt   commented 1mo+9dy ago

That sounds good to me. People to whom it probably won't sound so good are inhabitants of Asia and Oceania.

I say YES YES and YES to this Tony ! And Yes I have screamed all the three Yesses ! I hope no ear was damaged ! Saturday and Sunday have get now a note in the Calender !

you are right JJ ..... but we only seem to have europeans and american continents on this project (I may be wrong).

Mysterian   commented 1mo+9dy ago

Its a yes from me (presses buzzer and confetti rains down) and everyone cries. EVERYONE. We're through to JUDGES' HOUSES. Or the live show, or something. I'm a member of a facebook group called "Dull Facts", so I'm gonna poke one in here. The bloated corpse of EC4 must be 9 minutes and over, surely?

through to JUDGES' HOUSES>>>ha!

A fun video idea would be to play the track with the Country of origin flag on screen until a subsequent segment flips the flag.. lol

Flags, you say? Flags are for onion farmers. A fun video idea would also be a cement mixer slowly turning. On loop. Against a grey, grey sky. In the rain. But we should probably go with the flags. Sorry. Been a weird day.

Gemini   commented 1mo+9dy ago

Cement mixer and minime's traffic lights in the rain. I like that image Ian :)

hmmmmmm ..... tick, tock

Countdown to Armageddon.....

I can see that right now in front of me when I close my eyes ! I like that ! Armageddon I like too ! Must been a nice place ! Warm and Cozy ! So far I know but I could be wrong ...............again !

Perhaps the swirling and rotating universe is just a cement mixer? And the light turns red when the end begins..... We are on the verge of something big here!

Swirling, rotating, and expanding...

Until the light goes amber?

And then it stops expanding and starts contracting, until all of the matter in the universe is in a space smaller than an electron. And every time the light turns green, there's another big bang with no warning. But at the same time, there's a parallel universe following the same rules but with its lights 180 degrees out of phase from ours, like at an intersection, such that the combined volume of the two universes is always a constant...

Anti-matter! :)

Anti Matter is cool ! Alone because it is Anti ! It is a bit Punk Rockish If Anti Matter would be a Music Genre !

I could change my Location when it helps Tony ? I could be from Ork ! I can even speak in the Language " Nanu Nanu " !

Well ... funny you say about video idea ... I was going to try to put the EC4 to a video for you to watch at the Reveal .... some of you have mind reading skills ....... and it isnt even in your 'talents listed' ...... just sayin' ............

I used to know someone who we nicknamed "Clairvoyant Cath". She was always making pronouncements. My prediction is that there will be a video.

I don't understand Tony ! What did you say ? Could you not do me a favour and bring the info in some kind of Modern Dance Performance so that I can understand too ? Do you know Pina Bausch .............something in that way !

minime What an idea! I nominate Tony to wear a grubby beige leotard and do an interpretive dance/mime for the whole track. THE WHOLE TRACK. It should be well lit, so nothing is hidden in shadow. Tony will need to smile at first and then set his face into an awful dead smile by the end.

What is a leotard without a lion's tail?

Damn ... !!!! Dont disrespect my grubby beige leotard! Even Simba sends me xmas cards.

Ooohh ................ I can see that you would look wonderful ! But you could leave your hat on ! The one on your Picture i mean ! That would give the performance a unique look from artistically point of view ! Go Tony - Go !!!

OGOD PLEASE LET THEIR BE A HULA SKIRT!!!

Nooooooo! that image is now seared into my mind.

seared...lolaoalahalahallahaha cant unthink it!

Midipunk   commented 1mo+9dy ago

He put up a pic while back covered in ketchup & stuff a while back, can clearly imagine a hula skirt.

lol