Hard Headed Man Contemporary Blues

Started by dandjsound, © All Rights Reserved 2014

Upload

WAV files

By Rab M
6yr+4mo ago

Would it be possible for all the tracks to be posted in their original recorded format ?  I can't use MP3's in the mix :o)

Comments

Login to Comment
comment.user.userName

Cdell7up   commented 6yr+4mo ago

Ok.I will convert to wave.

comment.user.userName PLUS

dogbizkits   commented 6yr+4mo ago

Hi, Cardell. Please don't 'convert'. Can you upload your original tracks for me, please ? When any kind of conversion happens, the sound quality suffers. For example, converting a 16 bit 44.1 KHz MP3 to 24 bit WAV will still only retain 16 bits with 8 truncated (blank) bits. The file will be bigger - but it'll still be lossy. Converting something that has already been converted only makes matters worse. Forgive me if I'm going over something you already know - but it's surprising how many folks think 'digital' means 'identical' even when a format change has occurred. :o) Thanks in advance.

comment.user.userName

Cdell7up   commented 6yr+4mo ago

What I did was render them as was files as I exported the stems. All is good.

comment.user.userName PLUS

dogbizkits   commented 6yr+4mo ago

I'm afraid these are mpeg (MP3) files. I need the tracks to be in the original format they were recorded in (without any conversions or 'rendering' taking place). That's the only way to get the best fidelity. The current MP3's are lossy and this will only degrade your instruments sound quality once they're pulled into Pro Tools and integrated into the mix. All the tracks used in the mix so far are 24 bit WAV - 44.1 Khz, so it's really a big a step backwards to pull-in MP3's which won't resolve your instrument properly. I hate to be a pest over this, but If you could do the necessaries, that would be great :o)