A Light in the Dark Prog-Rock/Art Rock

Started by DavideD3, © All Rights Reserved 2015

Upload

Drum Tracks

By Rab M
3yr+6mo ago

Intending to do a mix of this song, I downloaded Richard's tracks and must say that they're superbly recorded and easily on-par with the best drum tracks I've ever handled in my 8 years with Kompoz. When I pulled them into my Pro Tools 11 rig and did a quick drum balance, my converters smiled at me. This is the way drum tracks should be. The top-end clarity is so 'open' and clear; the toms setup beautifully (none of those awful resonances that ruin the dynamic range); snare sensibly miked (top and bottom) - and a good solid punch through with the kicks. This is what makes mixing a pleasure. As Mike says.... good drummers with great sounding drums [and well recorded tracks] are a scarce commodity here. I'm sure you'll be in big demand. Take care not to take on too much though.... we wouldn't want you to burn out :o)

Comments

Login to Comment
comment.user.userName

DavideD3   commented 3yr+6mo ago

rngeer worked on it for weeks... I'm sure he will be glad to hear your words, Rab! For what concerns my tracks, I have nearly finished... I'm having trouble uploading my last seps!

comment.user.userName PLUS

Wire-and-Wood   commented 3yr+6mo ago

I like that too... Great job Richard, and great words Rab. Let me know if you want any additional breakdown of tracks from me. I'm glad you are working on this

comment.user.userName PLUS

dogbizkits   commented 3yr+6mo ago

Mike. Over the years working on songs with you, I've noticed a huge leap in your recording skills. I hardly need to touch anything you record now. Of course on the odd occasion where I want to do something a little different, extra tracks are handy - but as said I hardly need to touch your tracks; they're recorded so well :o)

comment.user.userName

rngeer   commented 3yr+6mo ago

WOW Rab, what an incredible response and complement. I have been worried about the progress as I have yet to have anything mixed and so new to the process of recording decently at home. I have been blessed to have been able to upgrade my equipment this year and was hoping I was getting it dialed in somewhat so that they would be usable. I record everything without any effects or compression and just can't tell with my monitors if they suck or not. I am so glad they will work. There was question with my timing before and please let me know if things are ok. I am very anxious to hear my first KOMPOZ collaboration come to fruition and it has been great to work with Davide and others here. The whole experience has been awesome. I do this for fun and the love of the acoustic drumset and just wanted to see if I could work with others more on the web. So far so good. Here is my equipment if you are curious and my blog about the process. I am also working with another buddy in Sweden and look forward to doing more work with Davide on his next song. Again, I really appreciate the reassurance and I will always love drumming and working with people on songs that I enjoy and good rapport. Again, thank you and any feedback good or bad will be well received. http://www.rngeer.com/equipment/