Mississippi Moon (Where the Old Trains Roll) Alternative Folk

Started by lokalloudness, © All Rights Reserved 2016

Upload

Slowing Down - Info?

By John Cannon
3yr+10mo ago

So I am new to this great site and have been overwhelmed by the amount of great assistance here!  Now after a fast start it seems that working on the track I started has stopped.  Is this normal?  Should I be pushing to more people?  I don't want to come off as too pushy just curious to learn the best way to use this site, not just to work on my tracks but also to help others with theirs.  

Pointers?

Also...as far as my debut working track...I would still love to find peeps to redo my acoustic rhythm track...add mild drums...and maybe some nice backing vocals on the choruses...so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated =)

John

Comments

Login to Comment
comment.user.userName

bagpipe   commented 3yr+10mo ago

Hello again John, I dont think there is any one good answer to your question. Different people seem to approach their own projects in different ways. There are a couple of things you could try. Try posting your project in the Community section as "Help wanted" - see if you can get contributions that way. http://https://www.kompoz.com/music/community/topic/help-wanted You could also try finding some contributers that you like and then personally invite them to contribute a certain instrument to your song. That one sometimes feels a a little awkward to me as you might get something you dont really like and then you feel obligated to use it. For me, I usually just act as a contributer to other peoples projects ie I dont create many projects of my own, so I dont have as much experience in that regard. Regarding Mississipi Moon, I could have a go at re-doing the acoustic guitar track?

comment.user.userName

lokalloudness   commented 3yr+10mo ago

Thank you for your input! I still haven't attempted to jump on other projects...I guess even though I have experience writing and recording, it's always been on my stuff so I feel very nervous about trying to assist others...my confidence for myself is a bit below others confidence of me lol...but yeah...I would love to have you do some acoustic...what you have added has already done so much for the track and done so in such a way that it right in line with the track yet unique to your playing...and to me that is far cooler than someone playing like someone else completely =) Thanks!

comment.user.userName

bagpipe   commented 3yr+10mo ago

I don't think you should be afraid to jump in on projects requiring vocals: I think you have a great voice and your songwriting is really strong. People are always looking for vocalists for their tracks.

comment.user.userName

lokalloudness   commented 3yr+10mo ago

Thank you for the kind words =) the support is greatly appreciated!

comment.user.userName

tmix   commented 3yr+10mo ago

Things do indeed go in waves... like myself... I might have a few days off and then I am buried alive for a month without a breath... I also had sick family to deal with just after the holidays... but never feel badly about touching base with folks or pressing ahead with fresh people to get a job done... most people understand and if you wait too long it is like the momentum stops.