Broken Images - Experimental Ambient

Started by Redfish, © All Rights Reserved 2020

Upload

where to go from here?

By Redfish Bluefish
3 days ago

Hi All, We now have some really cool contributions from Minime, Bertand and Brother and Olivia. This is starting to develop into something that is really amazing. I like the hypnotic feel of what we have so far. If any of you feel like playing around with it, do feel free. I would like to try and keep the hypnotic and trance like feel we already have. Should we try to do something with mixiing the vocal parts? I think the piece could also be much longer [don't necessarily think in traditional  three min song formats ... maybe more freeform and meditative ... possibly a lot longer? ..... Would love your thoughts and ideas. keep those creative juices flowing -Red

Comments

Login to Comment
comment.user.userName PLUS

Redfish   commented 3 days ago

Although this idea was posted some time ago, it has just dawned on me that it has real resonance with our global situation we now all find ourselves in. Lots of people talk as though they know how everything is and how things are going to turn out. But probably they are not as certain as they project - maybe a false or overconfidence? On the other hand, there are many who are trying to make some sense of the chaos ..... Trying not to be in a confusion of their understanding, but a new understanding of the confusion ..... At least for me, it resonates quite uncannily about our situation just now.

bertrandlunasam   commented 3 days ago

Minime, can you try a longer re-mix with everything here ? I am having issues playing aiff files.

Okobox   commented 3 days ago

Hi , it seems too simple and you?ve probably already thought about it, maybe an online format converter can be used in this case ? ( wondering)

No worries.

minime   commented 3 days ago

Before i start writing as info ! All what i write are suggestions ! It is the Project from Red and we all have contribute and so my opinion counts so as everyone elses opinion ! 1. Song Legth - I personlly would prefer 3 - 4 minutes and not longer ! The Music Backing is really simple and has not many Variations ! I think it is better when someone listens to a Song that the listener thinks " Oooh - so fast an end ? Instead of - oooh will this ever end ? 2. Vocal parts - here i have really no opinion ! Olivia and Red could find a Solution how they would like to share the parts ! Something alike one part Red then one part Olivia or or or ! 3. Yep the Hypnotic feel is also in my opinion so as it is good ! Maybe at the end a little bit electronic percussion or something but this is something we should look at when we know how we Arrange the Vocals ! 4.Yes - Sure i can do the Mixing but please i need to know how we do the Vocals before ! So maybe we look for what ideas come up with the Vocal arrangemnt and other details and then i do a Mix ? My half Euro Cent ;-)))

sounds good ... so lets just experiment a bit with the vocals and put up some suggestions between us to see what we think works well ..... I will convert Olivias files into wav format so you can all use them if yu wish to - Red

minime   commented 3 days ago

I can handle Aif too but i will look then what Bertrand will do !

Good for me. I agree with Minime's doubled song length and placing the vocals first.

OK Cool ... we are all agreed

Okobox   commented 3 days ago

What can I do to help ? Many thanks to all : )

Redfish   commented 2 days ago

if you feel you want to play about with the vocal arrangements any more feel free to make some alternative mix ideas ...... the objective is to try and experiment to come up with different experimental options for vocal mixes with the seps we have ..... totally up to anyone to have a go or make suggestions - thanks Olivia

Okobox   commented 2 days ago

ok : )

Okobox   commented 2 days ago

I will try some other ideas around redfish's voice and see where it goes

OK Olivia's seps are now also now available as wav files - Red

Redfish   commented 2 days ago

Ive combined both male a fem vox in a mix with some delays .... just an experiment ... probably too much .... but just an idea to test. https://www.kompoz.com/music/collaboration/980174/file/997135 Actually, Minime or Bertrand ... you did a good mix of the vocals in a previous version ... could you post that as a wet sep?