How do I attract other artists to work on my collaborations?
Check out our Top 5 tips for attracting collaborators. Below are some additional ideas and suggestions:
1. Get active in the Community. Endorsing other artists, 'liking' songs, commenting on the Community Page raise your profile. Post comments on other collaborations (be kind and constructive) .
2. Jump on someone else's song. This is by far the most important step. By doing so, you will meet other possible collaborators and see how someone else manages a project. We suggest jumping on a new song of a Plus/Premium/Pro member, as they tend to be the most active.
3. Get your project ready. Include Album Art to attract eyeballs. (Eye-candy works.) Complete the Creative Brief.
4. Include a mix track, even if it's a rough track or concept. (If you are a songwriter, upload a lyric document.)
5. Complete your profile. Artists want to know who they are collaborating with. Make sure your artist profile has a picture. It doesn't have to be a photograph or portrait -- any picture will do. And make sure your bio is complete.
6. Invite other artists. Send a Private Message to members whom you want to work on your collaboration. Establish a friendship by proactively reaching out. Be kind and undemanding. Here's a well kept secret: every day, more musicians join Kompoz. They want to collaborate. Look through the list and reach out to one. (Or more.)
7. Participate in other collaborations. This is so important, we're repeating it. Members are likely to return the favor if you take the first step.
8. Promote your song. Post a track in the Community Page, and invite others to join in.