As a creator of a project, you absolutely want to include a sync tone. Many artists on Kompoz simply won't collaborate on projects without them.
Starting a New Collaboration
- If you are starting a new song, the simplest way to create a sync tone is to start by recording a few unique notes or a simple count in on the first track you lay down in your DAW.
- Record all other tracks.
- When you upload the tracks to Kompoz, simply include the the distinct sound or count in on all tracks.
You Have a Song with No Sync Tones
Before you upload to Kompoz, add a sync tone to your tracks. Then when you upload your tracks, other collaborators will be able to align their tracks with yours.
- Start by either recording a unique sound or downloading a sync tone from kompoz.com/music/i/synctone and drag it into your project.
- Slide the sync tone to the beginning of its track. (As a practice, you might want to make the sync tone the first track in your DAW project.)
- Highlight and slide all your tracks (together) so that the first note occurs after the sync tone.
- Simply mute all tracks except two: the sync tone and the first track or instrument. Export/bounce those together. They will be saved in whatever folder you have designated on your DAW.
Repeat for all tracks.
Now, go to Kompoz, create a new project and when prompted, upload these tracks. They will be easy for you to align, and for fellow collaborators to align to.
Download Sync Tones